Join us for the 1st Annual Advocates for Care Luncheon
Volunteering your TIME is just as important – if not more so – than giving your TREASURE!
Alzheimer’s Arkansas is blessed to have faithful and dedicated volunteers who serve as “advocates” in many different capacities. Advocates give their time, expertise and funds to support our caregivers who need our programs and services. Advocate groups listed below are all volunteer driven and focused. Plug yourself into one of our Advocate Groups today!
- Strategic Communications Council – help us get the word out about our programs and services!
- Professional’s Advisory Council – professionals who refer caregivers to us for education and community resources.
- Special Events – volunteer at one of our walks, Advocate of the Year dinner, or host a fundraiser of your own for Alzheimer’s Arkansas!
- Community Relations – Our Memory Wall and informational brochures are often requested at health exhibits and fairs throughout Arkansas. Help us “man a booth” and let folks know the resources and services which are available – free of charge for our caregivers!
- Hope For the Future – Our “Hope” events in Central Arkansas, Northwest Arkansas, Southwest Arkansas, Helena/West Helena, and Jonesboro, provide valuable communication and caregiving tools that provide hope to our caregivers in need. Physicians volunteer their time to present educational sessions and volunteers help set up, register and provide vendor booth information.
- Support Group Facilitators – Our 57 volunteer Support Group Facilitators are trained by our staff at Alzheimer’s Arkansas, and they provide invaluable support and education to more than 800 caregivers. If there is not a Support Group in your area – consider starting one with our help!
- Resource Library Volunteers – Our Resource Library is under construction and needs your organizational skills. Community Resources and information provide valuable support for our caregivers. This includes healthcare facilities, financial and, legal assistance. Stocked full of brochures, literature, DVD’s, as well as books, and SpringBok Puzzles we need to make and can make our library more user-friendly – with your help!
Contact us for more information at 501-224-0021 or email us at email@example.com.
Click the Give Button Below to sign up now and start giving your time now!