Family Assistance Program Grant – CLOSED
The Family Assistance Program Grant is fully funded and administered by Alzheimer’s Arkansas and may be used for in-home respite care, adult day care, legal counseling, home care supplies, minor home modifications, mental health counseling, utilities, lawn maintenance, home cleaning, and more! Ultimately, we want to help caregivers by making life easier.
This $350 grant can be awarded to one care recipient (patient) twice per calendar year (January 1 to December 31 as long as funds are available) with a 90 day waiting period between uses.
Family Assistance Program Grant Details
The care recipient (patient) must:
• Reside in Arkansas
• Live independently or with family (not in a full-time care facility)
• Require the assistance of a caregiver for daily functions (must be stated on the diagnosis)
• Have an official diagnosis of any dementia on a physician’s official letterhead or prescription pad
All information on the application must be completed, signed, and include a diagnosis of dementia on official letterhead or prescription pad. It may take up to 10 business days to process your application.
The amount of financial assistance given per grant approval is $350. A family may receive this grant twice in a calendar year (90 days between approvals), based on the funding availability.
Once approved, grant funds may be used for the following items:
• Respite care services (in-home, adult day care, and/or short term stay in a facility)
• Homecare supplies
• Caregiver mental health counseling
• Minor home modifications (with prior approval)
• Senior legal services
• Utility bills (only: gas, electric, water/sewage, garbage)
• Other services to reduce caregiver stress (i.e. home cleaning, cooking, yard work, etc.)
Once approved, grant funds will be paid in full via check received with the approval letter. After receipt of grant check and use of funds, applicants must submit a Follow-Up Survey Log no later than 90 days after the approval date.
***Failure to return this survey will result in the loss of eligibility for all future grants offered by Alzheimer’s Arkansas for the caregiver AND care recipient associated with the grant.***
For questions, please call 501-224-0021 or email [email protected]. Applications and surveys are available to download or complete online at alzARK.org/grants/ as well.
Alzheimer’s Arkansas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.